Role of Students in Accreditation
Accreditation in medical education is important for the medical schools to improve the quality of education, for health services and community to improve the quality of health services and for students good chances for employment and postgraduate studies locally and abroad, students had a major role in accreditation.
2. Lamar Alexander of Tennessee. High education accreditation concepts and proposals. Senate committee on health education, Labor and Pensions.
3. Abraham Flexner. Medical education in the United States and Canada. A report to the Carnegie foundation for the advancement of teaching. Bulletin No.4 (1910).
4. Halah Ibrahim, Sawsan Abdel-Razig, and Satish C Nair. Medical student's perceptions of international accreditation. International Journal of Medical Education. 2015; 6:121-124.
5. Mohamed Elhasan. Accreditation in medical education: Concept and practice. 2012.
6. Roulet J, Bedec, Mckinleg D, Norcini J. An overview of the world medical schools. Medical Teacher 2007, 29 (1): 20-26.
7. Basic medical education. WFME Global standards for quality improvement WFME office: University of Copenhagen. Denmark. 2003.
1. 8. M,E Abdulla et all . Accreditation of the faculty of Medicine University of Gezira (FMUG) pilot study. Gezira Journal of health science 2005. 1(2): 126-127 .
9. The role of students in the accreditation of medical education programs in Canada. Committee on accreditation of Canadian medical schools (CACMS) November 2014.